Details Challenge 1 with Casper
On this page you will find content covering the following topics
Overview of main goals and details of the challenge
Summary of essential information necessary for the completion of the challenge
Real-life use cases that can be used for an exemplary solution space
Further links to training sessions with the protocol prior to the hackathon
Casper hosts two pre-training and introduction session for all interested hackers: 07 Sep 05 pm & 13 Sept 4pm
- Basics of the Casper technology and protocol
- Tips and tricks for the challenge approach
- Additional information useful for a challenge solution
Goals of the Challenge
Create a fitting end-consumer utility token that can be used for one of the two scenarios provided. The token shall be usable by end-consumers that have little to no blockchain knowledge with any type of device.
The focus is on:
- Technical integration with existing chains and devices, that are:
a) Device and chain agnostic
b) Backward compatible
c) Integrated with existing technology solutions (mobile, email, etc)
- Defining the basics of tokenomics (supply, burn, usage) of tokens.
Overview and Details
The team has to consider the following details:
- Institutions and companies from various industries are planning to use tokens for a variety of consumer-oriented use cases and application
- As Tokens have to be publicly available certain regulatory requirements have to be met to issue and use a token.
- Tokenomics (supply, distribution, verification) are essential factors that need to be considered and specifically planned.
- End consumers require an easy access point and additional value (time, value, social, status) when using the token.
Information that will be provided
- Regulatory details and limitations
- The exact use case for the creation and usage of the token
- Basics of tokenomics (general token dynamics and creation/burn)
- Casper technology is used to build the final solution
Real-life use cases
The challenge can be solved using two available use cases/examples from our industry partners. These represent real-world problems and applications that can make an impact and change.
These use cases are based on:
A) AXA "Impact Token": A token is used for positive societal behavior and can be used for services, products, and discounts.B) Airport Zurich "Paperless Customer Journey at Airport": A token is used to provide a paperless process when moving through various checks at an airport
GOOD BEHAVIOUR INCENTIVE IS DIFFICULT
- The most important topic for young adults is to have acceptance in their peer group while living and acting in a self-sustainable manner.
- Living in a self-sustainable manner is a matter of small commitments towards oneself and the community – but neither measured, peer-proven, or otherwise rewarded.
- We need to reward good, healthy, and responsible behavior in automated ways to offer an incentive platform with a suitable governance model to enhance trust and prevent fraud.
HOW SHALL WE DO IT?
- Incentives are rewarded by personal actions (e.g. buying an electric car, using the bike to work) or corporate activities (e.g. ESG certificates, donations to NGOs).
- Reward verified by ecosystem participants (e.g. friends, public transport companies) with a governance model on the verification weight of participants.
- Use of rewards for a discount on services, transition to higher verification ranks, or donation to good causes.
PAPERLESS CUSTOMER JOURNEY AT THE AIRPORT
- In preparation for a new airport – Noida International Airport in India – Airport ZH seeks to improve customer and journey experience at the airport.
- Customers in general have to have a variety of documents at hand from different resources and based on different technologies.
- With 70Mio yearly customers a time saving of 1 minute per person results in 133 years of more time that can be spent otherwise.
HOW SHALL WE DO IT?
- All necessary documents and approvals are checked beforehand and validation is stored on a blockchain (identity, documents, vaccination status, visa).
- A token is generated that proves uniqueness and verification status.
- Customers need to have only the token available to pass all necessary checks.
- All processes are compatible with necessary regulations and data protection standards.